Candidates who have completed their high school education in Georgia, please click here.
ADMISSION OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
What you will find on this page:
International Black Sea University is an accredited and authorized higher education institution in Georgia, and offers 30 degree programs in English in three cycles: first (bachelor’s), second (master’s) and third (Ph.D.) in education and humanities, computer technologies and engineering, business management, and social sciences. The list of the programs and fees are available here.
We are currently accepting international applications for 2017-2018 Fall Semester (that's September 2017). The deadline for completing the application package is 15 June 2016. We generally allow new applications until 50 days before the classes start, because it normally takes around 2 months for the EQE and the Ministry to process the applications.
The academic calendar is available here.
Candidates who hold an appropriate graduation certificate can apply for the relevant degree program. They will need to prove their English Language proficiency required for each cycle (degree). There may be some program-specific requirements as well.
Georgian citizens who completed at least one semester of their studies (staying for at least 75 days) abroad are also subject to the international admissions process (if they have successfully passed at least 1 course there).
An applicant has to pass through the following steps to complete their admission package.
(please make sure the documents are properly scanned)
- Go through the list of required documents.
- Fill out the application form.
- Sign the last page of the Georgian application form (over the line with the arrow). We need this to apply to EQE (eqe.gov.ge) for recognition of your graduation certificate.
- Applying for master's? Send us a one-page motivation letter (why would you like to study at IBSU and why that program?)
- Applying for Ph.D.? Send us a research proposal.
- Appyling for Ph.D. in Education Sciences? Send us an official document proving at least two-years of experience in the field of education.
- Appyling for Ph.D. in Turkish Philology? Please read this.
For detailed information: please click here to download the detailed guide:
For up-to-date information regarding visa issues, please visit the Georgian Consular website. You may also check with the web site of your country's embassy in Georgia for further details.
Student Residence Permit
Student visa is the prerequisite for obtaining the student residence permit. After getting the student visa, the student should apply for student residence permit immediately.
Required documents for student residence permit are the following:
Applicants will have to visit the Public Service Hall personally to submit all the required documents.