Candidates who have completed their high school education in Georgia, please click here.
ADMISSION OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
What you will find on this page:
International Black Sea University is an accredited and authorized higher education institution, and offers 30 degree programs in English in three cycles: first (bachelor’s), second (master’s) and third (Ph.D.) on education and humanities, computer technologies and engineering, business management, and social sciences through specific programs. The list of the programs and fees are available here.
We are currently accepting international applications for 2016-2017 Spring Semester (starting with February 2017). The deadline for completing the application package is 30 November 2016. We generally allow new applications until 50 days before the classes start, because it normally takes around 2 months for the EQE and the Ministry to process the applications.
The academic calendar is available here.
Candidates who hold an appropriate graduation certificate can apply for the relevant degree program. They will need to prove their English Language proficiency required for each cycle (degree), and prove fundamental knowledge for the program they are applying to.
Georgian citizens who completed at least one semester of their studies (staying for at least 75 days) abroad are also subject to the international admissions process (if they have successfully passed at least 1 course there).
An applicant has to pass through the following steps to complete their admission package.
- Filling out an application form online.
- Uploading the required documents (to check if the application is in line with our country-based requirements and quotas).
- Confirmation of the corresponding educational program.
- Transferring the application fee (upon the consent of the related program coordinator and / or dean).
- Seeking official consent (translations are made and the documents are sent to EQE and / or Ministry of Education and Science for their approval).
- IBSU’s internal procedure (faculty decision, and registration at the Student Affairs)
- Course registration
For detailed information: please click here to download the detailed guide that includes:
- a detailed guideline for application
- a typical "required documents" list
- a sample academic calendar
- EQE form for recognition of diploma
- IBSU bank account details (please pay in USD if you are abroad, but in GEL if you are in Georgia using nbg.ge rate of the payment day)
- Frequently asked questions
“APPLY NOW” buttons on the top and bottom of the page will take the new applicants to the application form.
For up-to-date information regarding visa issues, please visit the Georgian Consular website. You may also check with the web site of your country's embassy in Georgia for further details.
Student Residence Permit
Student visa is the prerequisite for obtaining the student residence permit. After getting the student visa, the student should apply for student residence permit immediately.
Required documents for student residence permit are the following:
Applicants will have to visit the Public Service Hall personally to submit all the required documents.
For online application click the button below.